Tithing is a sensitive topic.
It literally has the power to split churches down the middle.
Even though it’s an old argument it’s still as relevant today as it was then.
There are questions that arise with Tithing:
- Is it still applicable under grace?
- Am I cursed if don’t tithe?
- If it’s under the law does God consider it worship?
- What does the Old Testament say about it?
- What does the New Testament say about it?
- What is the REAL issue with the tithe? Is it really about money?
- How do I teach about it in this age of grace?
- What does it mean to hack the tithe?
The Ultimate Resource on Tithing
The following posts were written to help understand the tithe and help teach tithing:
- What is Tithing and Why Should You Care–in this post we delve into the nuts and bolts of tithing: it’s relevancy in today’s world, it’s origins, the question of whether you’ll be cursed if you don’t tithe, and the main issue people don’t want to pay tithes.
- Should Tithing be Considered as Worship–that is the question that many people don’t have an answer to. In this post we delve into whether tithing really honors God or not. We look at it both sides from the Old and New Covenant. You’ll be shocked at what we uncover!
- Tithing in the New Testament: What it Really Means–many opponents of tithing say that it puts the New Testament believer in bondage. In this post we’ll explain the difference between the law of tithing and the grace to tithe. And what it means for the New Testament believer.
- How to Teach Tithing Like a Rockstar–it takes a special kind of skill to teach tithing. Because of it having the ability to split churches down the middle it takes an effective and gentle touch. It has to be taught–not forced–to be people. In this post we go step by step to show the proper way to teach such a delicate subject.
- Why the 90 Day Challenge May Not be the Best Idea–the 90 day tithing challenge is very popular among many circles. Just do a quick Google search and you’ll see. The issue is this: what if God DIDN’T bless you supernaturally in 90 days? Then what?